An all-encompassing recreation and civic centre for Oshawa’s emerging population, Legends synthesizes the unique needs of ice arenas, a pool, fitness facilities, a seniors’ centre, and a library. To bring together the programming and siting objectives, the facility is designed along a central spine creating an interior streetscape with views within and between activity spaces. Multiple entry points and a suspended running track, which winds through the space, augment the interconnected, spacious quality of the facility.
This project was completed in joint-venture with a local architectural firm, Barry Bryan Associates.
Learn more about this project in our book POOLS: Aquatic Architecture.
Athletic Business Facility of Merit Award
- Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre
- Saint Laurent Sports Complex
- Hillcrest Centre
- Aquatic Centre at Hillcrest
- Robson Square Ice Rink Expansion and Plaza Revitalization
- Gordon Head Recreation Centre
- Abbotsford Recreation Centre
- West Vancouver Community Centre
- Port Moody Recreation Centre
- Legends Centre
- Chimo Aquatic and Fitness Complex
- West Vancouver Aquatic Centre
- Sungod Recreation Centre
- Walnut Grove Community Centre
- Eileen Dailly Pool and Fitness Centre