Eileen Dailly Pool and Fitness Centre
The City of Burnaby required an innovative aquatic facility focused on the key leisure demands of a large cross-section of the community. This award winning facility pioneering an innovative concept in aquatic centre design, the facility introduces dramatic natural lighting, transparency and openness with great views to the outdoors. The facility comprises a 25-metre lap pool, a free-form leisure pool containing spray water features and beach entry, a physiotherapy programming space and a weight room / fitness centre.
This project was completed by HCMA’s predecessor firm Hughes Baldwin Architects.
Learn more about this project in our book POOLS: Aquatic Architecture.
Lieutenant Governor of BC Awards for Architecture
IAKS / International Olympic Committee Award
Canadian Institute of Steel Design Award
- Book – POOLS: Aquatic Architecture
- Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre
- Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre
- Saint-Laurent Sports Complex
- Aquatic Centre at Hillcrest
- Killarney Community Pool
- Legends Centre
- Chimo Aquatic and Fitness Complex
- West Vancouver Aquatic Centre
- Sungod Recreation Centre
- Walnut Grove Community Centre
- Eileen Dailly Pool and Fitness Centre