Are you passionate about Revit and all things BIM-related? Want to join a dynamic wayfinding and signage team and help it thrive?
We are HCMA, an architecture and design firm driven by the desire to create happier, healthier, more connected communities. Wayfinding and signage exemplify our interdisciplinary approach – and we need a talented, organized technologist to help us deliver this aspect of the business.
We’re looking for a technologist (intermediate) to:
- support a range of wayfinding and signage projects, including for recreation centres, libraries, fire halls, schools and museums
- collaborate with architects and graphic designers to deliver wayfinding and signage systems, from construction documents through to tender and construction
- draft and develop signage schedules, key plans and messaging; create and tag key plans, floor plans and interior elevations in Revit; create detailed template dimensioned drawings; finalize signage package ready for tender
- able to balance design vision and technical execution to provide drawings that deliver a successful user experience in community projects
Ideally, you bring:
- minimum two-years post-secondary education in a relevant program (BCIT ABET or equivalent)
- 2-5 years’ experience working in an architectural office, environmental design firm, or signage company
- a high level of proficiency in Revit is a must, and AutoCAD is beneficial
- experience with associated software such as Illustrator, InDesign and Enscape plug-ins for Revit is desirable
- excellent project management and organizational skills, with a passion for getting things done and focused, detail-oriented problem-solving while ensuring the creative vision is upheld
- strong communication skills and a flexible, professional approach to interdisciplinary collaboration
- the motivation to constantly improve the quality of all aspects of your work
- a desire to gain experience at an industry-leading firm, to push the boundaries of our quality of work, and benefit from the accumulated knowledge and expertise of our specialty projects
What we offer
- an opportunity to help the architectural and graphic design teams grow wayfinding and signage at HCMA
- the stability and resources of an established but forward-thinking firm committed to pushing the social impact of design
- collaboration with architects, environmental designers, interior designers and other specialists, without the traditional silos
Curious? Get in touch.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio and a statement on why you’re excited by the opportunity and feel you’d be the right for our team.