The Impact Team is a multi-disciplinary team of specialists that support sustainable design at hcma. As the team grows, we’re looking for a senior member to help guide the team, someone project management-focused, directing and informing design decisions, verifying building performance, and communicating results. For us, the practice of sustainable design must be holistic, and we do it with an emphasis on human experience and social impact.
If you’re interested in becoming a vital member of this new team, with an opportunity to grow and shape your role, please read on.
What will you do day to day:
- Support the Impact team Directors to actively run and manage multiple scopes of work for the team, tracking milestones, deadlines, deliverables for a range of projects and initiatives.
- Develop, direct and apply building performance strategies in support of sustainable design, specifically low energy and low carbon buildings.
- Develop policy, guidelines, and industry resources for low carbon and high-performance buildings as part of our Advisory Services.
- Liaise and engage with design teams, consultants, and client groups to set performance goals and direct design decision-making.
- Direct and collaborate with Impact team members to guide design decision-making.
- Direct and review early-stage design analysis, including daylight modeling, energy and emissions benchmarking, life cycle assessment.
- Direct the application of green building rating systems, for example, LEED, Passive House, the Living Building Challenge, Zero Carbon Building Program, and Rick Hanson Foundation Accessibility Certification.
- Support the Director of Sustainability in developing firmwide standards for advanced sustainable design and innovation.
Ideally, you have:
- An advanced degree in architecture, environmental science, building science, landscape architecture, engineering, planning, or another related discipline.
- Ten + years of professional experience.
- Deep experience in green building rating systems and assessment, specifically LEED, ZCB, LBC, and Passive House.
- LEED Accredited Professional with specialty.
- Advanced understanding of principles of sustainable design, design process, and workflow.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Some proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, and Rhino.
- Proficiency with MS Office, InDesign, Illustrator, and other graphic software.
If this opportunity excites you, we would like to hear from you. Please send along your resume and a cover letter that explains what you bring to this position and why hcma is the right place for you.
Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest, we will contact those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.