We’re looking for an experienced public engagement specialist to lead engagement for our portfolio of community-building projects, including community centres, pools, and schools.
As part of our Impact Team, you’ll join others that are passionate about increasing positive social impact by bringing your engagement process, facilitation, and analysis skills to our project work.
What will you do day to day:
- Design and lead specialized engagement activities including online and/or in-person public events, workshops, and advisory groups
- Prepare meeting summaries and engagement reports
- Develop and implement strategies to encourage participation in engagement events
- Identify current and emerging best practices including different types of engagement tools and techniques
- Work collaboratively with project teams to increase engagement capacity across the firm
- Provide support to the Director of Social Impact as required
Ideally, you bring:
- 5-7 years of experience in public engagement, preferably in the municipal context
- The ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of qualitative data and translate it into actions and recommendations
- Training and experience using qualitative and/or quantitative social science research methods
- Experience with group facilitation (both small and large)
- Self-initiative and the ability to work both on your own and as part of a team
- An interest in justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion as it relates to engagement
- Excellent written, verbal communication, listening, and observation skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience using engagement tools and processes
- Understanding of methodologies and processes for engagement planning, delivery, and evaluation
- Relevant education and/or experience
- Willingness to travel (subject to public health guidance)
- Class 5 Drivers License
We will consider full-time or part-time hours (minimum 3 days per week).
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we want to hear from you. We need all the standard application items like your resume and cover letter and feel free to tell us a story about why you’re the right person for this job using any medium that speaks to you.
Please send your submission to email@example.com. We thank all interested individuals, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.