Are you a storyteller?
We are searching for a creative storyteller who excels at transforming big ideas and complex processes into digestible prose.
Our team of proposal writers excel because they know every proposal is an opportunity to connect, to share our perspective, and to make an impact. This role is meant for someone who wants to dive in and leave their mark. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the design industry, while contributing to the growth of an innovative firm.
Never satisfied with the template, our new team member will have a boundless curiosity to try something new and challenge the status-quo. They have an eye for design and understand the value of a first impression. But they’ll also leverage best practices and process to make sure deadlines are met, communication is clear and constant, and things run smoothly. They are diligent with details and can manage “up” to keep everyone up-to-speed and organized. As a storyteller, we are also looking for someone who is passionate and excited about the potential of elevating our brand and increasing engagement through our social media channels.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will join a congenial team of marketers, while also working closely with Partners and other firm leaders.
What will you do:
- Manage the entire proposal submission process, from the Go, No-Go Decision, to the interview.
- Manage large pursuit teams, including internal partners and external sub-consultants, maintaining a high standard for deliverables and driving accountability
- Engage with project team members to identify and articulate compelling project stories – including architecture projects, universal design, graphic design and more.
- Write engaging content that communicates our value proposition and unique differentiators
- Evaluate and edit content, both technical and non-technical, to ensure messaging is consistent, engaging, and appropriate
- Take responsibility for content, design layout, production, and timely delivery of proposal and award submissions
- Gather information and assets on current and past projects to develop project sheets, update team resumes, and maintain a current repository of work
- Incorporate daily best practices for filing content and assets so that they are easily available for others
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a team looking to streamline processes while increasing impact
- Working in collaboration with the marketing team and other disciplines to develop, curate and execute an engaging content strategy for social media platforms.
- Analyzing metrics and data and generating reports to understand if our strategies are successful
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Exceptional writing and editing ability
- A writing sample, or other examples of creative storytelling, may be requested upon interview.
- Experience in proposal writing, creative storytelling, or other written disciplines
- Strong design eye: experience with digital arts or graphic design
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign in particular
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms will be considered an asset. This includes a solid understanding of best practices for Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, and experience with Later or similar social media management platforms.
- Strong listening and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player and highly adaptable, demonstrates initiative and positive attitude, ability to thrive in a team environment
- Able to work independently; seeks input and asks for help from team members when needed
- Effective project manager; self-motivated and confident coordinating multiple team members, including senior leaders, and deadlines
- Responsive, assertive and resourceful
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Keen sense of professional judgement
- A creative and innovative design thinker
- Demonstrated multitasking abilities, can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and prioritization skills
- Represents hcma in the best possible light to internal and external clients
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism, or similar
- 1-3 years in a creative role with an emphasis on storytelling; recent graduates are also encouraged to apply (tell us why you’re the right fit!)
- Experience coordinating proposals for design, engineering, or construction industries considered an asset
If this opportunity excites you and you’d like to learn more, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to see your resume, and more importantly, know more about you – what you are passionate about and why hcma might be right for you.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.