Are you driven by impact? We are hcma, an interdisciplinary design firm driven by the desire to create happier, healthier, more connected communities.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Social Impact team to focus on implementation and advancement of inclusive design projects and impact initiatives to make our buildings, brands, and experiences inclusive to everyone. Your work will help empower designers across the firm, strengthening our inclusive design-centered approach to social impact.
As Project Manager, you will be focused on delivering key social impact initiatives focused on researching, developing, and implementing methodological frameworks and evaluation metrics that measure social impact.
You will also contribute to a range of initiatives and activities that support our commitment to social impact including operations, advocacy and research and is aligned with hcma’s desire to practice sustainability holistically, with an emphasis on human experience and social impact.
Note: This role is a 12-month contract.
What you will do:
- Project manage the ongoing development and delivery of hcma’s social impact research guides and publications, including white papers, guidelines, and assessment frameworks.
- Assist with the development of success criteria, measurement, and report progress across project deliverables to project leads.
- Be responsible for executing project deliverables such as progress reports, social impact strategy documents, recommendation memos and reports, and meeting facilitation.
- Collaborate with and provide direction to all team members through all phases of project deliverables, to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop presentation and communication material in support of project strategy, knowledge transfer, and thought leadership.
- Collaborate with design teams to establish and achieve social impact objectives and performance goals.
What you will bring:
- Excellent knowledge of project management methodologies, processes, standards, and policies.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing projects from start-up to completion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite. Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps.
- An understanding of social impact concepts including equity, inclusivity, accessibility, and universal design would be an asset.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills; attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Ability to learn quickly and incorporate feedback into future work.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Collaborative mindset and strong interest in team-based work.
- Enthusiasm to continue to learn and develop knowledge in this area.
What experience you might have:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in project or program delivery.
- Diploma, certificate, or degree in project management, business administration, or other relevant discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Interest in environmental psychology, sociology, public health, inclusive design, social impact, advocacy, or other related discipline would be an asset.
Is this you? Apply now.
If this opportunity excites you and you’d like to learn more, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We’d love to see your resume, and more importantly, know more about you – what you are passionate about and why hcma might be right for you.