Are you curious about the city you live in?
If we asked you “What’s possible?” would you look for an answer?
HCMA is serious about improving our world through architecture, social sustainability, and being engaged in a broad spectrum of civic issues. To do this, we bring together passionate, intelligent and engaged individuals who want to make a significant impact.
We are looking to add an Intermediate to Senior Intern Architect to our team. We are interested in individuals who are excited by the future of architectural thinking, who are committed to community and city building.
Our Intern Architects can expect to:
- Participate in all aspects of office life
- Be exposed to and engage in critical design thinking
- Participate as team members in real architectural projects of various scales and complexity, including conceptualizing, designing, construction and contract documents
- Research products, sites, and construction methods as part of a project team
- Develop their design skills through application to real architecture and design projects
- Produce strong graphics to support presentations, proposals, reports, engagement, and project presentations
- Work independently and through collaboration and co-creation
- Bring their own particular interests to us and enhance our office culture
We are looking for people who:
- Work with their hands and their minds
- Bring a positive attitude to a wide variety of tasks
- Contribute eagerly and learn from others
- Believe in design excellence and have a strong portfolio to back it up
- Apply rigour and design intent to all aspects of their work
- Are committed to developing their technical abilities and understanding of how buildings are realized
- Have strong graphic, organizational and communication skills
- Minimum of three years post-graduation relevant work experience
- Have strong working knowledge of Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe InDesign Suite
- Are committed to the profession and are actively pursuing professional registration
- Have the ability to work independently and through collaboration and co-creation
If this new opportunity excites you and you want to express your interest, please prepare a submission to us: include your resume, portfolio and most importantly we want to know what you are passionate about and why HCMA is right for you. Send this along to firstname.lastname@example.org and please note “Intern Architect Opportunity” in the subject line.