hcma designs buildings, brands, and experiences that maximize positive impact. To do this, we bring together passionate, intelligent, and engaged individuals who want to make a lasting change.
The Construction Administration Coordinator will play a critical organizational role across several projects in the construction administration phase. The role’s function is to provide high-level project management, manage communication, and key project document distribution internally and to consultants, clients, and contractors. The construction admin assistant works closely with the Project Architects, Directors, or primary construction administrator to manage day-to-day logistics on projects.
- Compiling the following documents and ensuring they are complete and on standard templates before distribution; Shop drawings, RFI responses, change orders, payment certificates, and field reports.
- Documents for Occupancy and project completion including deficiency reports, Letters of assurance, and O+M manuals review.
- Review, evaluate, and distribute priority correspondence to appropriate team members.
- Tracking document status & timelines.
- Manage, maintain, and log incoming documents into the project document tracking database.
- Requesting responses internally and externally to ensure schedule integrity.
- Assist with improving/ creating CA protocols, including templates, and framework.
- Liaising with our technical support committee to implement improved protocols and templates.
- Assisting with managing construction close-out procedures.
- Assisting with occupancy testing protocols.
- Assisting with the preparation of contracts and project-specific insurance.
- Preparing labels, binders, and transmittals for contracts (mostly in digital format).
- Assisting with creating fee letters, tracking scope increases, and extra fee requests.
- Assisting with project invoicing, budget summary reports, and tracking project budgets.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Experience and knowledge of various construction contracts an asset.
- Understanding of building science and construction details is an asset.
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
- Revit and/or AutoCAD experience will be a bonus.
- Experience with construction management software (ie Procore) is a bonus.
Education & Experience
- 2+ years experience in contract administration.
- A diploma in Architectural Technology is an asset
If this new opportunity excites you and you want to express your interest, please prepare a submission to us: including your resume, portfolio; and most importantly we want to know what you are passionate about and why hcma is right for you. Send this along to email@example.com. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada and provide supporting evidence prior to any potential offer of employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.